I’ve been batting around an idea in my head 😉
I’m thinking about creating a vlog on a YouTube Channel. I’ve already created the channel itself, but there’s no content on it just yet, and I’m wondering if y’all would be interested in seeing me add some!
I’m thinking about discussing a variety of material:
- Some of the material I’ve covered in some of the earlier posts
- Some of the thought-trains behind the posts I’ve written
- Other topics I haven’t yet discussed
- What I look like “IRL” 😉
- Maybe some other stuff (I’m absolutely open to suggestions!)
Some information for the record, according to my current plans–if I start vlogging/YouTubing…
- Vlogs may average 4 to 10 or so minutes in length (?)
- Any vlogging I do should not impact the blogging I do on here.
- I don’t plan to retire this blog! It will remain exactly as-is and active, with new content continuing to be added.
- I don’t plan to remove any content from this blog! Whatever is already here will stay here.
- I plan to keep it advertising-free for a good while.
- Eventually, I’ll probably have to “monetize” the channel at some point, since finances have been real thin for a while, and we often have trouble covering our basic needs. (I do not profit from this blog in any way.)
- However, I plan to adhere to a “don’t be evil” strategy when it comes to advertising. I have standards and I plan to stick to them! (I’m still a proponent of adblockers; I use one, and I won’t begrudge anyone else using them, either).
I would love to hear from you!
- Would you be likely to subscribe?
- Would you be interested in these type of videos?
- Is there any particular material/topics you would like to see me cover?
- Is there any particular video length that would be too long for you?
- Would you like me to post links to the YouTube videos from this blog, if I begin making them?
- What are your thoughts?
Any suggestions, recommendations, topic “requests”, “please do”s, “please don’t”s, pearls of wisdom, tips and tricks, pitfalls to avoid, time length suggestions/limits, and/or any other feedback is greatly appreciated! Please feel free to sound off in the comments! ❤